- Is buying a sailboat a bit too much of a time or financial commitment for you?
- Do you need to build your sailing skills before you buy a boat?
- Is it more convenient for you to enjoy the use of GBSP’s fleet at South Bay Marina?
- Or do you just want to be a part of GBSP?
What is included?
- Hobie Wave usage during scheduled open sailing hours subject to conditions and availability
- Boat usage is contingent on successful completion of a sailing test for the conditions
- Members and guests self-certify that they can swim
- Members and guests must have signed waivers
- Invitation to GBSP Annual Meeting
- Free boat usage for GBSP Hobie Wave Regatta members registered for the regatta by June 7th on June 23rd and 24th subject to availability.
- Members are financially responsible for damages that they cause during open sailing
Weekends June 16th to August 19th (no open sailing the weekend of June 23rd)
- Saturday’s Noon - 8:00 PM
- Sunday’s Noon - 6:00 PM
- You can make a reservation up to 8 days prior to the weekend two-hour time slots that you would like to reserve.
- Group Testing Saturday’s at 1:00 PM (Must sign up on GBSP’s website in advance)
- Costs: In Class - no charge, Group - $20, Private - $50
- Note that the test(s) that you pass at GBSP qualifies you to only sail GBSP boats during supervised open sailing hours.
- Those that do not pass the test are encouraged to take another group lesson at no charge, get time on the water with other qualified skippers or take private lessons.