Date: June 30, 2022
Time: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Not interested in racing? Have you taken our Basics class and are looking for more sailing time? Would you like to experience sailing on a larger mono-hull sailboat? If you said yes to those questions, then this class is for you. This course is designed to build on your sailing skills to sail to a destination or just leisurely sail for the day. Our instructors will cover more advanced boat handling, safety topics such as what to do in an emergency when far away from shore, and things to look for when sailing to a destination. Each class will start with chalk talk where various cruising topics will be discussed, followed by a distance sail on the water. This is not an intro class. We strongly suggest that you participate in one of our Basics Courses or have prior sailing experience and can self-test on day one before taking this class. Series 1 - This five-week course is scheduled on Thursday nights from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
***Note: This five-week course is scheduled on Thursday nights from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
What to bring:
- Face mask or buff to wear while onshore or while in close contact with others on the water
- Old tennis shoes or water shoes are required to be worn at all times to protect your feet.
- A completed & signed waiver
- Swimming suit
- Water bottle full of water/ beverage
- Dry clothes
- We provide life jackets, but students may bring their own if they wish! (All privately owned lifejackets are subject to inspection and approval of Green Bay Sail & Paddle Staff)
Directions: The marina is at the west end of Bay Beach Rd, past the Zippin Pippin. To find SOUTH BAY, take HWY I-43 to exit #187 (Webster Ave), go north to Irwin St. and take a left on Irwin, which then turns into Bay Beach Rd. We are the last entrance on the right. Look for the SOUTH BAY Marina sign.
When you enter the marina follow the signs that say Green Bay Sail & Paddle.
|Address:||101 Bay Beach Road
Green Bay, WI, 54302
Admission Fee: $325.00
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Name: Crusing 1
Contact Phone Number: 920-393-1983