This is a fun, introductory sailing session using a "quick-start" method of learning to sail Hobbies® Wave catamarans. In a short period of time students, ages 8 to 99, participating in our introductory sailing lesson are out on the waters of Green Bay sailing on their own. On days where there is no wind, you may have the opportunity to experience kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. For those days when our staff has to make the decision that the weather outside simply isn't safe to be on the water, your class will be moved into our indoor classroom where you will enjoy several sailing-related activities. We encourage individual growth by challenging one’s self all while fostering a love for the water and sailing. We look forward to enjoying a fun and safe day on the water with you!
This program is designed for a family of four (4) participants. We understand that family can mean many different things so yes if your neighbor down the street is family to you we consider them family and part of your group.
- Ages 6 years of age and up with a parent (contact us if you have a child under the age of 6 prior to registering)
- A three-hour sailing Intro to Sailing lesson for the family (up to four (4) family members per boat, may vary depending on age and size of family)
- Then enjoy a pizza and soda for four compliments of Captain Jack's at Louie's Lagoon also located at South Bay Marina
- Enjoy the sunset on the beach after your lesson (weather permitting)
Click for Available Sessions
$140 per family of four (4) ($35 for each additional family member)
What to bring:
- Face mask or buff to wear while onshore or while in close contact with others on the water
- Old tennis shoes or water shoes are required to be worn at all times to protect your feet.
- A completed & signed waiver
- Eyeglasses or sunglasses holder strap cord
- Swimming suit
- Dry clothes
- Water bottle full of water/ beverage
- We provide life jackets however, students may bring their own if they wish. (All privately owned lifejackets are subject to inspection and approval of Green Bay Sail & Paddle Staff)
South Bay Marina
101 Bay Beach Road
Green Bay, WI, 54302
The marina is at the west end of Bay Beach Rd, past the Zippin Pippin roller coaster. To find SOUTH BAY, take HWY I-43 to exit #187 (Webster Ave), go north to Irwin St. and take a left on Irwin, which then turns into Bay Beach Rd. We are the last entrance on the right. Look for the SOUTH BAY Marina sign.
When you enter the marina follow the signs that say Green Bay Sail & Paddle.
Classes may be canceled and/or rescheduled at the discretion of Green Bay Sail & Paddle Inc. (“GBSP”) due to weather conditions and/or general concern of the participants and/or any and all Green Bay Sail & Paddle Inc. staff and volunteers. Classes that do not meet the minimum number of registrants may be rescheduled. GBSP will attempt to notify all registrants by email and/or telephone of cancellations 24 to 48 hours prior to commencement.
For the safety of everyone, we ask that if you have or had a fever in the past 48 hours that you do not come to class. We will do our best to reschedule you to a later class. Every participant must wear a mask or buff while on shore, and social distancing recommendations must be followed. You may be asked to leave if you do not abide by these safety guidelines. Refunds will not be given to any participant for failure to comply with any and all safety guidelines.