This progam is designed for area schools throughout Northeast Wisconsin to offer hands on summer school programming for their students. All students participate in a fun, introductory sailing session in which we use a "quick-start" method of learning to sail Hobie® Wave catamarans. In a short period of time students participating in this program will be sailing on ther own on the waters of Green Bay. On days where there is no wind, students may have the opportunity to experience kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. For those days when our staff has to make the decision that the weather outside simply isn't safe to be on the water your class will be moved into our indoor classroom where students will have the opportunity to participate in several STEM related activities pretaining to world of sailing and sutainability. We encourage individual growth by challenging one’s self all while fostering a love for the water and sailing. We look forward to enjoying a fun and safe day on the water with you!
We have had over 1,000 Green Bay Area Students spend a day of their Summer Physical Education with us. All schools throughout Northeast Wisconsin are invited to participate as well. If you know of a school program that would like to sign-up for future programming with us, please send us an email at email@example.com with as much information about your school program and we will be more than happy to contact them set up dates and times that work with your school program.
$797.50 per Session upto 32 particapants
- Understanding GBSP safety rules and emergency procedures
- Proper fitting and adjustment of a Personal Floatation Device (PDF)
- Staying protected from the sun
- Appropriate use of safety whistle
- Signal to return to beach
- Understanding what to do if boat capsizes
- Understanding hazards to avoid in the instruction area
- Wind direction and sailing angles to the wind
- Understanding how buoys will be used during instruction
- Weight placement – where to sit on the boat
- Leaving the beach
- Steering with the tiller
- Sailing upwind, on a reach
- Gybing and tacking
- Sailing a figure eight
- Recovering from irons
- Sailing between two (2) buoys upwind doing multiple tacks
- Sailing a triangular course
- Avoiding collisions
- Sailing back to beach
- How everyday plastics and other garbage ends up in our water ways
- Enjoying sailing with others!!!
What to bring:
- Face mask or buff to wear while on shore or while in close contact with others on the water
- Old tennis shoes or water shoes are required to be worn at all times to protect your feet.
- A completed & signed waiver
- Swimming suit
- Dry clothes
- Water bottle full of water/ beverage
- We provide life jackets however, students may bring their own if they wish.(All privately owned lifejackets are subject to inspection and approval of Green Bay Sail & Paddle Staff)
South Bay Marina
101 Bay Beach Road
Green Bay, WI, 54302
The marina is at the west end of Bay Beach Rd, past the Zippin Pippin roller coaster. To find SOUTH BAY, take HWY I-43 to exit #187 (Webster Ave), go north to Irwin St. and take a left on Irwin which then turns into Bay Beach Rd. We are the last entrance on the right. Look for the SOUTH BAY Marina sign.
When you enter the marina follow the signs that say Green Bay Sail & Paddle.
Classes may be canceled and/or rescheduled at the discretion of Green Bay Sail & Paddle Inc. (“GBSP”) due to weather conditions and/or general concern of the participants and/or any and all Green Bay Sail & Paddle Inc. staff and volunteers. Classes that do not meet the minimum number of registrants may be rescheduled. GBSP will attempt to notify all registrants by email and/or telephone of cancellations 24 to 48 hours prior to commencement.
For the safety of everyone, we ask that if you have or had a fevor in the past 48 hours that you do not come to class. We will do our best to rescheule you to a later class. Every participant must wear a mask or buff while on shore, and social distancing recomendations must be followed. You may be asked to leave if you do not abide by these safety guidelines. Refunds will not be given to any participant for failure to comply with any and all safety guidelines.